You are about to embark upon an exciting yet difficult journey. In this assignment, you will develop a podcast relative to Hofstede’s uncertainty avoidance dimension as a consultant for a multinational organization. The consultant’s role is to clearly explain one of Hofstede’s most difficult dimensions to a group of global managers at a leadership retreat.
Upon successful completion of this assignment, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate how to develop a podcast.
- Compare uncertainty avoidance scores (high and low) of two countries.
- Examine theoretical concepts of business globalization and culture.
- Recognize multicultural competency as a necessary skill for managerial success.
- Articulate the importance of integrating a Christian worldview with global business practice.
- Video: What is a Podcast? Here’s How to Listen to a Podcast
- Webpage: How to Start a Podcast
- Podcast: Uncertainty Avoidance in International Business
- Website: What Does the Bible Say About Rules?
You have been hired as a consultant for a multinational organization to explain Hofstede’s uncertainty avoidance dimension to several hundred global managers at their annual leadership retreat. As a consultant, you decided to, in the form of a podcast, creatively compare and contrast a country with the high uncertainty avoidance score to the country with a low uncertainty avoidance score. This podcast will be played during the training session of the retreat.
- Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
- Listen to the podcast “Uncertainty Avoidance in International Business” https://culturematters.com/uncertainty-avoidance-in-international-business/ by Chris Smit.
- Watch the video “What is a Podcast? Here’s How to Listen to a Podcast.” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dXKGJ7jLsk
- Select one country with a low uncertainty avoidance score and another country with a high avoidance score.
- Conduct research and understand the two selected countries’ uncertainty avoidance scores (low and high).
- Review the webpage “How to Start a Podcast” and watch the videos on that page. https://www.buzzsprout.com/how-to-make-a-podcast?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6-3K76XQ5wIVx5-zCh1wmgPWEAAYASAAEgL_ifD_BwE
- As a consultant, develop a 10- to 15-minute podcast comparing the low and high uncertainty avoidance countries. Remember, your podcast will be shared with the global managers at the retreat.
- Your podcast should include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Introduce yourself as the consultant. Be creative!
- Explanation of uncertainty avoidance
- Profile/summation of selected countries
- Discussion of uncertainty avoidance for low and high countries
- Conclude your podcast by integrating a biblical principle surrounding rules. Review “What Does the Bible Say About Rules?” https://www.openbible.info/topics/rules
- Submit your completed podcast by the end of this workshop