1) Name an area of sociology that you are interested in studying further (e.g. family, crime, employment, social movements, race and ethnicity, social class, etc.).
2) Identify 2 variables (concepts) within this domain that you think might be causally related
3) Clearly define (conceptualize) each variable separately and state their possible values/categories.
4) Identify one or more plausible indicators (operationalize) for each variable.
5) Identify the level of measurement of this concept given the operationalization you suggested.
6) Discuss the validity and reliability of your variable indicators. What are some potential weaknesses?