Post with a minimum of 250 words posts must contain at least (2) professional references properly cited in the current APA format
Care of a Patient with an Esophageal Problem
A 58-year-old patient has undergone a Laparoscopic Nissen Fundoplication (LNF) for a hiatal hernia. Before discharge, you are preparing to teach the patient and family about self-management.
- For what postoperative complications will you monitor, and why could they occur after this surgery?
- What type of diet will the patient need to eat, and for how long will the diet be recommended?
- What types of activities will you recommend for the patient? Are there any restrictions on an activity that you should teach the patient?
- The patient will have a postoperative incision. What will you teach the patient about wound care?
- What type of follow-up instructions will you provide?