Select from the following list four (4) topics and discuss. Use only 50-words max per topic to discuss and present your answer. The discussion questions this week are from Chapters 3 & 4 (Jamsa, 2013).Chapter 3 topics:
- Define and describe PaaS.
- List the benefits of PaaS solutions.
- Describe the potential disadvantages of PaaS.
- Describe how a cloud-based database management system differs from an on-site database.
- List the computing resources normally provided with a PaaS.
Chapter 4 topics:
- Define and describe IaaS.
- Define and describe system redundancy. Discuss how you might use IaaS to implement a redundancy plan.
- Define and describe load balancing. Discuss how you might use IaaS to implement load balancing.
- Define and describe the NAS. Assume you must implement a shared file system within the cloud. What company would you select? Why? What costs should your client expect to pay for cloud-based data on a gigabyte (GB) basis?
- Define and describe colocation. Discuss how you might use IaaS to implement colocation.
- Compare and contrast a cloud-based disk storage device (with a file system) with a cloud-based database.
- Compare and contrast physical, dedicated virtual, and shared virtual servers. Search the web for companies that provide each. What cost should a customer expect to pay for each?