Have you ever read something that you suspected was fake news? In this week’s reading you will learn about strategies for determining if a source is credible. One of those strategies is the CRAAP Test.
- Currency: Is the information up to date?
- Relevance: Is the information relevant to your research needs?
- Authority: Who is the source of the information?
- Accuracy: How reliable and truthful is the information? Can the information be verified?
- Purpose: Why does the information exist?
How can the CRAAP Test help you when you look at news and articles in the future?