Carefully read Roger Scrouton’s essay “Scientism in the Arts and Humanities,” and choose a different question from the previous discussion in the research project list and answer it in relation to an issue in philosophy and technology according to theses of these two articles. Please only reference Scrouton’s essay and refrain from personal opinions. Your post should not have any first-person pronouns and as always. any badly written posts (i. e., clearly not proofread) will be downgraded. Also, simply writing the article’s author and the year is not a proper citation. All quotes and paraphrases necessitate FULL citations. Choose one or two from these questions:
- What is the problem for which this technology is the solution?
- Whose problem is it?
- Which people and what institutions might be most seriously harmed by a technological solution?
- What new problems might be created because we have solved this problem?
- What sort of people and institutions might acquire special economic and political power because of technological change?
- What changes in language are being enforced by new technologies, and what is being gained and lost by such changes?