The students will select some course or unit of work within a course and develop a test and assessment construction project that includes the following:
- A list of 5 important learning outcomes to be assessed.
- A list of subject matter topics to be covered in the instruction.
- A set of specifications for the test items and assessment task as described in the textbook in chapter 6.
- A 10-item test using a combination of selection-type and short-answer, supply-type items which includes: (a) complete directions, (b) test items that are appropriate for the specific learning outcomes being measured. And (c) a scoring key. Each test should be keyed to a specific learning outcome.
- A bibliography of books and other resource materials used in completing the project.