https://bestessaywritingservices.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/whatsapp-logo.jpeg 0 0 admin https://bestessaywritingservices.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/whatsapp-logo.jpeg admin2021-06-08 10:28:372021-06-08 10:28:37Introduction to sociology | Sociology homework help
Word limit: 1500 words
All details have been attached.
- 1. For this assessment, you must write a 1,500-word essay.
- 2. Select ONE question from the list below and address the question using sociological concepts and perspectives that you have learnt in this course. Illustrate with relevant examples.
- 3. Your essay should have your name and student number as a header, reproduce the essay question at the top of the first page, and have an Introduction, Main Argument and Conclusion.
- 4. You must include a minimum of six academic references – these MUST be cited in the text using the Harvard Style of referencing (NO FOOTNOTES). References list MUST be included at the end of the essay.
- 5. ‘Academic’ references include peer-reviewed journal articles, books, or book chapters. You may count a maximum of one non-academic report (government, NGO, private sector) towards your six references, but news articles, general websites, Wikipedia and lecture slides do NOT count as academic references.
- 6. This assignment MUST be submitted online via Turnitin on your Moodle site. Submission must be made by 11.59pm on 4th June, Friday to be recorded as submitted on that day. Late submission will be subject to 10% penalty per calendar day. Work submitted after 7 calendar days will not be marked and be given a zero mark.
- 7. This assessment task has been set up to be checked by Turnitin, a tool for checking if it has unreferenced content. You can submit your assessment task to Turnitin prior to the due date and Turnitin will give you an originality report. You can then make any changes that may be required and re-submit your final version by the due date.
- 1. ‘Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians make up 2% of the total Australian population, but 28% of the adult prison population….Among young people aged 10-17, about 57% of those in detention in the June quarter 2019 were Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.’ How could we use a sociological lens to account for the over-representation of First Nations populations in Australian incarceration system? Answer with relevant sociological concepts and suitable examples.
- 2. ‘Chinese get out … You brought it here, go back to where you come from, get out of my country! Chinese flu…. Kung flu… Hey, you Asian, get out of my way.’ How would you use sociological perspectives to explain the causes and forms of anti-Asian racism in different parts of the world during the present COVID-19 pandemic? Support your answer with suitable examples.
- 3. ‘Why is my curriculum so white? Why are Eurocentric ideas seen as neutral, normal and
- bjective? Why are indigenous and ethnic minority knowledges under-represented in our curriculum? ’ How do some sociologists explain the whiteness of the curriculum, and our intellectual responsibility to decolonise the curriculum? Answer with relevant sociological arguments and support your answer with suitable examples.
- 4. ‘They eat too much junk food, smoke, drink and are too lazy to exercise. It is no surprise they are now sick. They need to be responsible for their health and wellbeing. They need to do the right thing about their health!’ How could we use an intersectional, sociological perspective to explain health determinants and outcomes beyond the usual individualist, victim-blaming discourse? Answer using relevant sociological discussions and appropriate examples.
- 5. ‘These mail order brides are gold diggers. Be careful of them. They are only here to cheat local men, get permanent residence, destroy families, take our jobs and use our resources. We cannot allow that!’ How do sociologists explain the widespread negative portrayal of marriage migrant women, and how do they dispel such myths about low-income migrants from less wealthy countries? Answer with relevant sociological debates and suitable examples.