- 1.1 What is the OSI security architecture?
- 1.2 What is the difference between passive and active security threats?
- 1.3 List and briefly define categories of passive and active security attacks.
- 1.4 List and briefly define categories of security services.
- 1.5 List and briefly define categories of security mechanisms.
- 1.6 List and briefly define the fundamental security design principles.
- 1.7 Explain the difference between an attack surface and an attack tree.
In no less than 250 words, describe the various industry certifications in cybersecurity where this course may help in obtaining. Describe at least two certifications and why they are an important credential to have to be successful in a cybersecurity role. Respond to two other learners by the end of the week.
It’s easy for a hacker to know what a network looks like once they get onto a network. Almost all computers have simple tools that can be used to fill in some of the blanks hackers would need in order to perform different attacks.
Using ping, ipconfig/ifconfig, traceroute and nslookup, answer the following questions. Your computer should be connected to the Internet either via a wired or a wireless connection. To receive full credit, you must paste a screenshot of the tool you used to answer each question.
Ÿ 1. What IP address did you receive? _____________________
Ÿ 2. What is the subnet mask? ____________________
Ÿ 3. What is the default gateway? _____________________
Ÿ 4. What DNS servers are you resolving to? _____________________________
Ÿ 5. Are you able to ping espn.com? ________________________
Ÿ 6. What DNS server is currently resolving espn.com? ____________________
Ÿ 7. What is the IP address of the DHCP server you received your IP address from? _____________
Ÿ 8. What is the MAC address of the network interface card you are using to connect to the Internet? ________________________________
Ÿ 9. What is the next hop router IP address that is used after your default gateway to get to espn.com? __________________________
Ÿ 10. What is the fully qualified domain name (the name) of the IP address 188.8.131.52? ______________________.