Community Teaching Work Plan Proposal
1. Develop an educational series proposal for your community using one of the following topics: Nutrition as it relates to School Age (10-13 years old).
2. Identification of Focus for Community Teaching (Topic Selection):
3. Epidemiological Rationale for Topic (Statistics Related to Topic):
4. Nursing Diagnosis:
5. Readiness for Learning: Identify the factors that would indicate the readiness to learn for the target aggregate. Include emotional and experiential readiness to learn.
6. Learning Theory to Be Utilized: Explain how the theory will be applied.
7. Goal: Healthy People 2020 (HP2020) objective(s) utilized as the goal for the teaching. Include the appropriate objective number and rationale for using the selected HP2020 objective (use at least one objective from one of the 24 focus areas). If an HP2020 objective does not support your teaching, explain how your teaching applies to one of the two overarching HP2020 goals.
8. How Does This HP2020 Objective Relate to Alma Ata’s Health for All Global Initiatives
9. List two Develop Behavioral Objectives (Including Domains), Content, and Strategies/Methods:
10.Creativity: How was creativity applied in the teaching methods/strategies?
11.Planned Evaluation of Objectives (Outcome Evaluation): Describe what you will measure for each objective and how.
12.Planned Evaluation of Goal: Describe how and when you could evaluate the overall effectiveness of your teaching plan.
13.Planned Evaluation of Lesson and Teacher (Process Evaluation):
14.Barriers: What are potential barriers that may arise during teaching and how will those be handled?
How will you begin your presentation and capture the interest of your audience? Describe the type of activity will you use with your audience to exhibit active listening? Describe how you applied active listening in tailoring your presentation to your audience? How will you conclude your presentation? What nonverbal communication techniques will you employ?