Assume the role of a research coordinator for the senior research team that published this paper. They have asked you to work with the information technology (IT) department to design a unique research database that can be used to do further health sciences research on this topic. In preparation for your first meeting with IT, you are asked to think about the kinds of data you would like in the research database, the source systems that should feed that data, and the way that data should be organized in the research database.
In your paper,
- Explain the rationale for the different types of data that should populate the new research database.
- Assess the different source feeder systems that should supply this data to the research database.
- Construct a strategy for how the scientist on the research team cannot utilize the relational research database to increase their opportunity for research funding.
- Create the basic design for the research DBMS that you propose including the main tables in the database, using Microsoft Word Shapes or Microsoft PowerPoint functionality.
- Format your design as a figure and embed the design your paper.
- Describe the fields that you would include in each of the tables in your DBMS drawing.
The Developing a Research Data Warehouse paper
- Must be four to six double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) in APA format