PURPOSE OF ASSIGNMENT
Evaluate an organization’s strategy, environment, and internal activities using appropriate analytical frameworks (e.g., industry analysis, VRIO, value chain analysis, corporate-advantage concepts) for the purpose of providing recommendations for how a firm can improve its performance relative to its competitors;
Generate viable options to specific strategic decisions (e.g., industry positioning, competitive advantage)
After reading chapters 2 and 3 and the Roku case, prepare your answers in a .doc or .pdf to the following questions. You will not need to do any additional research other than the case, videos, and website link provided.
- Evaluate the competitive forces for the commercial television industry to identify the forces controlling its profitability (e.g., Five Forces analysis). Is Roku positioned for long-term profitability?
- Describe the competitive position of Roku relative to its main competitors.
- How was television likely to evolve over the next decade?
- Was there a future for Connected TV devices and how should it be exploited by Roku, or was the future in licensing Roku’s OS?
FORMATTING AND STYLE REQUIREMENTS
- Submissions should be no longer than 3 pages in length.
- Double space, 12 point font
- No title page or bibliography needed
- Format as .doc or .pdf