Schedules of Reinforcement
Understanding schedules of reinforcement can assist a behavior analyst in understanding why a behavior occurs at a certain rate or how to promote a rate of behavior that is desired.
- Please define continuous reinforcement schedule and intermittent reinforcement schedule, either in your own words or paraphrased.
- Please provide an example of continuous reinforcement and explain why it is continuous reinforcement.
- Please provide two examples of intermittent reinforcement and explain how each one is intermittent reinforcement:
- One demonstrating a ratio schedule.
- One demonstrating an interval schedule.
Read the posts of your peers and respond to two. Your response should be substantive and demonstrate your understanding of the material. What aspects of the post do you like or agree with, and why? Are there areas that are not clear? Did the post spark questions that you would like to ask your peer? In this, and in all of your courseroom posts, be sure to keep your tone scholarly, respectful, and professional.