Consider yourself responsible for securing the data of your workplace. You must already be aware that this is not as simple as backing up to another hard drive. It is important to have backup tools, processes, and policies for both business continuity and disaster recovery plans. Let’s see how you plan to present your disaster recovery skill!
For your final playbook, create a 3- to 4-page outline of backup policies in Microsoft Word or Word Compatible for when the data center is inaccessible.
Each week is a separate playbook and needs to have a cover page and references.
Complete the following in your outline:
- List the tools used for backup purposes.
- Explain the following:
- Where employees should work from that day
- How employees can get to their data
- The communication methods about updates
- Outline step-by-step instructions to recover your databases and telecommunications.
- Provide a step-by-step guide to recover and provide any additional company assets.
- Discuss policies for backup media storage.
- Discuss policies for encryption of backup data.
Note: Numbered or bulleted steps or guidelines make the document easy for others to follow under potential stressful situations. Paragraphs can be used to help support the steps or guidelines.
Cite at least 2 resources to support your assignment.