Paper requirnemnt: Explore a current debate or controversial issue in the US, California, or Los Angeles. You may choose any current controversy (subject to approval.)
This is an argumentative paper – be sure you have an argumentative thesis.
Your paper should:
- answer a narrow question about your topic
- argue for one side of the issue
- include counter-argument and refutation
- You must cite at least 5 sources. Include a Works Cited page in MLA format. You may use only ONE direct quotation, and it may not be longer than one sentence.
- Your paper should be 1,000-1,500 words / 4-5 pages (not including Works Cited). You should be able to make your argument concisely in 1,500 words.
- Use MLA format. You will lose points if your paper is improperly formatted.
- We will be using the plagiarism tool in Canvas to confirm the originality of your work. Papers not submitted through Canvas will not be graded – you will receive a zero on the assignment.
- Assignment deadlines are on the next page.
Argument style research paper
Need body paragraph first before writing the paper ( you can tweak the topic depending on what you write)