Your final course project will be a research paper in which you determine your own tactical response to terrorism at a specific level of government (local, state, tribal, or federal).
The research paper will consist of the following six sections:
- introduction of your topic that will be a homeland security program chosen by you at either the local, state, tribal, or federal levels;
- U.S. government’s role in homeland security programs at the specific level chosen;
- motivation of terrorist group activities against Americans;
- strengths and weaknesses of American homeland security’s counterterrorism policies at the chosen level;
- tactical response options to terrorism at the chosen level using available resources and jurisdictional procedures; and
- conclusion of your paper.
The final project will be constructed in stages. The first stage will be in this unit, the second in Unit III, the third in Unit IV, and the final in Unit VIII. When you reach the final stage in Unit VIII, be sure that you have incorporated any feedback that you have received from your professor in the previous units. This will help to ensure a higher grade on the finished project that you submit in Unit VIII.
For the first stage of this culminating project, you will need to select a specific homeland security program that you wish your research paper to focus on at either the local, state, tribal, or federal (U.S. military) level and compose a research topic based on that program and the U.S. government’s role in that program.
Your research topic will consist of the following components:
- a description of terrorism response operations at the local, state, tribal, and federal levels; and
- a description of the homeland security program you chose, its level, and the U.S. government’s role in the program.
This assignment should consist of at least two pages and utilize at least two references from the CSU Online Library.
Please be sure to cite and reference your sources using proper APA style.