Beefsteak: Reinforcing Culture Through Human Capital Development Case Study—Recruiting and Selecting
-Review Chapters 1, 11, 12 and 13 in your Applied Psychology in Talent Management text. (**These chapters are attached below as one document and cited at the beginning of the document*****)
- Review the articles listed for the Contemporary Human Capital Topics discussion:
- Review the articles listed for the Current Human Capital Management: Predictive Analysis discussion:
- Visit the Beefsteak Case Study (attached below) page to explore the Company Background Information Packet and review the Company Background video.
- Research and review credible sources to gain an understanding of the latest development of the Beefsteak Company.
Beefsteak is a fast-casual restaurant concept from acclaimed Chef José Andrés that focuses on the “unsung power of vegetables.” José Andrés is a world-renowned chef and owner of a number of restaurants. He was nominated for the 2019 Nobel Peace Prize for his work with disaster relief through his non-profit organization World Central Kitchen. Andrés’s mission is to change the world through the power of food.
For this assignment, you will be developing a recruiting and a selection strategy for Beefsteak to include both managerial and staff positions. You will want to think through the three sequential stages of recruiting found in Chapter 11 of the course textbook:
- Sourcing: process of generating a pool of applicants.
- Assessing: evaluation of knowledge, skills, and abilities, and other characteristics necessary to perform a job.
- Employing: process of moving the desired candidate into employment
First, consider and discuss the importance of Beefsteak having a positive organizational image and brand, and the impact on recruitment. Take into consideration the importance of recruiting for diversity. Next, you will need to develop a selection process, starting with the application, recommendations, employment testing, past experience, drug screening, computer-based screening, and interviewing. Be sure to consider both managerial and staffing positions for both the recruiting and selection strategies.
In this paper,
- Analyze Beefsteak’s company profile and business model.
- Construct a recruiting strategy using the three-sequential stages.
- Discuss the benefits of diversity in recruiting, Beefsteak’s brand, contemporary human capital topics, and predictive analysis.
- Create a selection strategy for both managerial and staff positions.
The Beefsteak: Reinforcing Culture Through Human Capital Development Case Study—Recruiting and Selecting paper
- Must be four to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- The Case Study
- Markis’ Edwards
- BUS 623
- Dr. Scott
- May 10, 2021
- Paper MUST BE IN APA format
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper and the conclusion should end appropriately with a conclusion statement.
- Must use at least two credible sources in addition to the course text.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.
- Avoid over-dependence on direct quotes. Direct quotes are a great way to strengthen our assertions and provide support. However, be sure to avoid using excessive direct quotes in lieu of original thought. Direct quotes will not meet the requirement for analysis, application, and critical thinking. Please ensure to not overuse direct quote so that you can avoid losing points for this. Review the Integrating Research (Links to an external site.) resource from the Writing Center for additional guidance.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.